Friday, April 8, 2022

***Ashley Suzanne Updates ***

 I honestly cannot believe it's been so long since I've updated this part of my life and updated the readers who followed my life and works for almost a decade.  

A DECADE?!?!?!  HOLY SMOKES, how in the world has it been 9, almost 10, years since I published my first novel?  Sometimes, I can't believe I ever published Mirage, let alone 20 or so books after that.  I can't believe I've been blessed enough to be a part of this amazing, yet grueling, industry.  

So, what have I learned?

I've learned to let go of the things I can't control.  There have been many things in my life that I've brought upon myself, had happen to me and things I've done with intention.  Looking back, being all in my feelings today, I'm shocked the person standing at the end of the line is ... me.  A person I thought I'd lost. Someone it took me a long time to get to know, understand and to make happy.  But I'm here ... but, man, oh man, the journey.

I've learned that I miss writing and publishing.  The last book I published was in March 2018.  Just before my life spiraled out of control, Once Bitten, was published.  I love everything about that book. My writing had improved with every published novel, but there's just something about Max and the Weisman boys. It's probably the book I'm most proud of and wish more people would give a shot. 

I've learned to trust again.  One day, I'll write my memoirs, but until then, you'll just have to trust me ... LOLOLOL, trust! 

I've learned to take chances.  I took a chance getting my real estate broker's license ... only to find out I hated it.  I thought I'd thrive and be the best, but my heart wasn't in real estate anymore.  I closed my brokerage and took off into another, way off base, industry. One I never thought, not even in my deepest desires, thought I'd ever entertain.

And now look at me ... I'm a truck driver.  I spend my time traveling this beautiful country and getting paid to do it.  Even better, my husband is with me every single day.


I can't wait to see what this journey brings and I hope you'll all be along on the ride with me!

3 comments: