Thursday, December 10, 2015

My Favorite Reads of 2015

It's that time of year again, folks.  Time for me to tell you what books I absolutely loved this year ... and boy is it going to be difficult.  Maybe it's just me, but I've read some AMAZING stuff this year.  Some from new to me authors, some from past favorites and some amazing recommendations from reader friends

So, without further ado, my top five reads of 2015 (in no particular order)

5 - my latest read and one of my new all time favorites ... Corrupt by Penelope Douglas ... Michael and Erika's story was amazing.  It's dark and twisted and you'll spend so much time guessing the motive of everyone, you won't see the twists coming .. and then when you do, you'll wish you could start all over again, just to read it back to see if you missed something ... Amazing story, amazing characters and amazing EVERYTHING!!!  If you like them twisty, you cannot go wrong.  I wasn't able to put this book down.  I'm also praying that Kai gets a book and gets a book soon, because, well ... #SteamRoom <--- come back to me when you understand THAT!!!!

4 - A follow up to my most favorite book of 2014, Beneath Blood and Bone by Madeline Sheehan and Claire C. Riley ... If you didn't read the first in the series, Thicker than Blood, you're truly missing out.  This series is one that grips you and holds you tight.  The books can be read as stand alone novels if you wish, but why would you when you can have them both?!?!  The story, and back story, of Eagle, is one that will have you throwing kindles, pulling out your hair, and wishing he were a real man ... Don't let the pretense of Dystopian scare you off ... this book is AMAZING for any reader who loves a good story, fantastic connections and unimaginable heartbreak.

3 - The book that makes you question, believe and succeed in loving yourself ... Perfectly Imperfect by Harper Sloan BLEW ME AWAY!!!  Willow is a character that EVERY woman is able to see herself as, and the best part about it is ... it helps prove that you do not need to fit the mold that anyone has set forth for you, all you have to do is be YOU ... because that's the very essence of what makes you perfectly imperfect ... This book is added to my all time favorites <3

2 - There's always a story that gives you the "so sweet, I have a toothache" kind of book boyfriend ... and this year, I found him as none other than Ethan Davenport in Third Base by Heidi McLaughlin.  Baseball player by day, the love of my life by night.  This story has a few twists and turns, a hero that is sweeter than pie and a heroine that keeps you on the edge of your seat.  I would 100% recommend this book to someone who's in love with the YA genre, but wants that heat!!!  And maybe a curveball or two.

1 - And finally, last but not least ... you have another great read that I want to dig back into as soon as I find the time ... Art and Soul by Brittainy Cherry ... there will never be another set of characters who resemble these two ... Aria and Levi are magnificent, courageous, loving and the story is one that will be read more and more, the invisible pages of my kindle dog eared, and if kindles had spines, this one would be broken and wore out and loved.

And there ya have it folks ... my top 5 of 2015 ... According to Goodreads, I have read more than 50 books this year, in between work, books, school, family and kids, and on each and every one I have a review ... please, feel free to take a look at what I read, who I love and who inspires me ... maybe you'll find a new author to fall in love with like I do all the time <3 <3 <3

xoxo,

Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment